June 24, 2012

I've come to the point in my life where the trivial things no longer matter. Ever since I was a freshman in college I couldn't wait to graduate and finally be somebody and make something of myself......fast foward a couple of years and I still didn't graduate.

A part of me felt like a loser because it's taking me forever to make it down this long road, but now I feel like I'm finally making progress down this long ass road. I also realized NOW that for all these years I've been ungrateful. I was so concerned about graduating because I wanted an expensive ass car, pay that surpassed minimum wage, and clothing.

These are the ONLY reasons why I cared to graduate...Oh yea and making my parents happy.

But now that I've stopped being so petty I'm opening up my eyes and I'm realizing that I should thank God for what I do have....

  • A roof over my head
  • A car (not an expensive ass one, but gets me from point A to point B)
  • Friends/Family
  • A job that brings in some type of income (not everybody can find one of those lately)
Just food for thought peeps, be happy with what you do have because it could always be worse. Don't compare yourself to anyone else either, just keep doing you.

No comments: