February 26, 2013
Right now I am currently texturized, and what that means is that I no longer get relaxers. I have been using texture softners to tame my new growth. Clearly my hair is still chemically altered, but in my sick mind I think texture softners are a lot less harmful.
Being texturized is no walk in the park. My hair is sooooooo coarse, and the magic of the texture softner only works for 3 weeks after its applied. I had my first texture softener in October, and my second one in January. Prior to my first texture softner I was relaxed. To be honest with you, if I could go back in time and remain relaxed I would. I hate my texturized hair because its outrageously unmanageable, and it also requires so much attention. As a relaxed sister I could a night or two without moisturizing and sealing, but nowwwww?!? Ugh!
Now im at a crossroads of figuring out what can keep my two textures moisturized. I also would like to gradually cut off my relaxed ends. Maybe the more hair I cut off, the easier it will be to tolerate my mane. Anywayz I want to document my hair journey here. I'll be posting protective styles, progress I've made, products I love, and hair related articles. Anywho I included a picture of my updo created by putting bantu knots in my hair, think it came out cute. Lol...toodles yall.
All jokes aside though, there are a few things that I would like to be MANDATORY before 2013 makes its exit such as:
- Go to the beach and walk on a boardwalk as the sun is setting (cheesy I know, but hey I gotta do it)
- Ride a horse ( I wanted to do this for so many years now...but as usual I put it off)
- Kiss in the rain (maybe a little more) like in those romantic movies ( Haaaaaaaa haaaaaaa see what Luther is doing to me. Black girls are not usually down with their hair getting wet, but I'd like to make the exception just once.)
- Go on vacation with cash in my pockets (I've gone on vacations with my mom far too many times with my pockets being far too empty. After all, I was a struggling college student.)
- Get a belly button piercing----> Obviously that means the body has to get into tip top shape
Ehh I guess that's it so far for my 2013 bucket list. I promise you all that these things will happen before 2014......tired of living like I'm guaranteed 60 more years of life. Dang Nabbit, I have to start living. Nothing is promised to anybody.