February 26, 2013

If Only For One Night

So, I'm sitting here listening to the tunes of Luther Vandross. The song "If Only For One Night" is my jam!!! As I listen to this song I can't help but to wonder, what if tomorrow night was my last night on Earth? What if tomorrow was the last day I would see the blue skies, chirping birds, receive a hug, give a kiss to someone I love? What if tomorrow night was the last night I got to hold my honey in my arms, and fall asleep while watching him sleep. Sheesh. If tomorrow was my last day alive where would I go, what would I do? Can I truly say that I've lived my life to the fullest? In 2013 I would like to challenge myself to live like this is my last year to live. What if it is my last year alive? If this were my final year on Earth that'd be kinda sad. I'd hate to die, and say that I hardly lived. So yes....operation live it up in 2013 is in effect! (As soon as I get a stable job...lol....let's be realistic here).

All jokes aside though, there are a few things that I would like to be MANDATORY before 2013 makes its exit such as:


  • Go to the beach and walk on a boardwalk as the sun is setting (cheesy I know, but hey I gotta do it)
  • Ride a horse ( I wanted to do this for so many years now...but as usual I put it off)
  • Kiss in the rain (maybe a little more) like in those romantic movies ( Haaaaaaaa haaaaaaa see what Luther is doing to me. Black girls are not usually down with their hair getting wet, but I'd like to make the exception just once.)
  • Go on vacation with cash in my pockets (I've gone on vacations with my mom far too many times with my pockets being far too empty. After all, I was a struggling college student.)
  • Get a belly button piercing----> Obviously that means the body has to get into tip top shape
Ehh I guess that's it so far for my 2013 bucket list. I promise you all that these things will happen before 2014......tired of living like I'm guaranteed 60 more years of life. Dang Nabbit, I have to start living. Nothing is promised to anybody. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi dear! I just found your blog and I love it! Great post...would you like to follow each other?
http://signaturechic.blogspot.com/

S Jones Aka Shirley said...

Hey Signature...Thanks for the luv! I will definitely give your blog a look and follower. Toodles!