February 25, 2017

30 and Single as F*ck

I'm back and I'm better (in the words of Bryson Tiller). Long time no see blogger family. I've been around. Life has taken its toll, and I've just been tied up. I've gotten a career and I barely have time to relax (it's a gift and a curse).  No complaints there, just blessed.

I've hit the milestone of 31, and is it me or do women start freaking out about their love lives when they hit 30?

Well I did and it wasn't pretty. I was dating someone for 4 years, and after ultimatums/threats I had to leave him. He refused to commit to me and wasn't financially able to. I do regret it and it's up there among the hardest things that I've had to do. I was in love and thought I was with the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, but he didn't feel the same way.

As a women I feel like I give so much of myself and for whatever reason I always come up empty handed. I love and I love hard, but all for no reason. 

Right now I am over love and all that it has to offer. I am convinced that cat lady will be my title in the next couple of years (maybe dog lady because I hate cats). 

As much as I want to bury myself and stay away from the opposite sex, I do find it important to keep trying. 

Love got away from me this time, but next time I think I will get it beat.  



How many of you have started over after a long relationship? How did you get out of your post  breakup funk? 

No comments: