January 02, 2015

Give Me A Wedding Ring!!!

Happy New Year Blog Family! I hope all will be well with you and yours into 2015. With the New Year rolling around I've found myself getting into all of my feelings. All of my existing relationships are being analyzed so that I can take my life in a positive direction. I'm just being very conscience about the fact that I'm getting older, and I KNOW that this year is "do or die" for my boyfriend. You see blog fam, I don't want to be the girl waiting forever for a commitment that is never coming. At the beginning of my relationship with my current significant other I let him know that I couldn't carry on with him for years and years without a serious commitment. I have a bad pattern of being in long term relationships and being delusional. Why am I delusional? Well because I play the role of a wife when I AM NOT. In this particular relationship I'm more rational than I have ever been, but in the past I used to: clean bedrooms, loan out my car, and countlessly put another persons needs before mine (even if it meant me having nothing). I played the role of "wife"/"ride or die chick" and that got me nowhere fast.
Why play the role of wife when nobody wants to give me the title? 



Anywho...I told my current boyfriend that I was giving him no more than 3 years of my time (That was 2 years ago, and this year is making year 3). I'm olddddd! Maybe if I was 22 I woudn't feel the need to pressure him, but I'm not. When are we supposed to start our lives together....when I'm 40? I know its a bad idea to put a time limit on something like marriage, but if you aren't ready then let me know so I could find somebody who is (before I get old and wrinkly). 

I'm a big reader of the Steve Harvey books and I know that one of the things that he made crystal clear was the fact that if a man isn't settled/financially stable then he will never want to marry a woman (because he knows he won't be able to provide for her). That is scary. I'm not financially stable (I'm getting my Masters degreee in four months), and my boyfriend isn't either. Sooooo Houston we may have a problem. So the big question is.....do you put a time limit on commitment? How can you make sure that you are being taken seriously without coming off as too pushy? Putting a time limit on my relationship made me feel safe, but was it realistic? How long after being with someone do you say enough is enough...gimmie a ring?


No comments: