July 01, 2015

Goodbye For Now Weaves!!!

Hi Blogger Family!!!!! 

It's been so long, but I promise it was for a good reason this time around. I have finally graduated from grad school, and boy did those last few months of school get the best of me. I'm officially done with school, and you couldn't pay me to go back because I've had enough...lol. 

Anywho, now that it is summer time I can finally do things that I find enjoyable. In regards to my hair, it had been put away since April (as you guys saw with my cornrows). I got a second set of braids in May.

 I have finally been reunited with my hair this past week, and I'm happy that we are getting reacquainted. 

Earlier this week I tried flexi rods for the first time ever. I liked the results that I got, but of course I need some work. The curls were so bouncy, and I'm excited at how much better they will look when my skills improve.


The flexi rod set didn't last to long because I raked through the curls with my fingers instead of letting them fall naturally. :-( 

Since my curls fell, I had to find SOMETHING to keep my hair looking presentable because I'm 5 months post texlax/relaxer.  Sooooo I created this cool looking updo for the time being. I'm having so much fun jazzing up my real hair. It's so sad at how overly dependent weaves/fake hair makes me. It feels good to embrace what is actually growing out of my scalp. 

What are your hair plans for the summer? I think I'll braid my hair back up at the end of the summer, but for now I'm enjoying my hair. 




No comments: